The latest Google Nest Alexa Skill is now available.
Google Nest’s support for Alexa gives you more ways to control your Nest home while you’re out and when you’re at home. Now you can tell Alexa to show the live feed from your cameras or doorbell, and adjust your thermostat with your voice. Learn more about all the things you can do with the latest Google Nest Alexa Skill.
Migration is easy – it only takes a few minutes, and you’ll have a single secure login when using your Nest or Google apps. Your Google Account offers several benefits. It provides automatic security protections, including notifications of suspicious activity, 2-step verification, and regular security checkups with helpful recommendations.
If you choose not to migrate at this time, your existing devices and integrations will continue working with your Nest Account, but you won’t have access to new features that will be available with a Google Account.
Things to know before you migrate
- Please evaluate your choices carefully as account migration is not reversible.
- Your Google Account allows you to take advantage of new features coming to your Nest and Google apps.
- Already use a Gmail address to sign in to your Nest Account? You’ll still need to migrate so your Nest Account data and devices will work with Google services.
- If you don’t have a Gmail address, you can create a Google Account using the same email account you’re currently using with the Nest app, Google Assistant, or Google Home products.
- Your current Alexa Skill is a Works with Nest connection.
– During account migration, you’ll need to delete your current Alexa connection. Relinking instructions are provided below.
– During the migration process, you’ll be shown a screen listing your existing Works with Nest device connections. You won’t be able to use Works with Nest connections with a Google Account.
– When reviewing the list of additional connections, you’ll be given the choice to continue or not.
- On your mobile device, update or download the latest version of the Nest app from Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- Open the Nest app and, if asked, sign in with your existing Nest Account email address.
- In the Nest app:
– Tap the gear shaped icon in the top right corner to open Settings.
– Select “Account”
– Verify that you’re signed in with the account you want to migrate.
– To migrate a different Nest Account, tap “Sign out” at the bottom of the screen and sign in with the Nest Account you want to migrate.
- Tap “Migrate to a Google Account”.
– Make sure you have a Google Account. If you don’t have one, you’ll need to create one.
– Follow the in-app instructions to complete migration.
To relink your Alexa connection
- Before adding the new Google Nest Alexa Skill, you’ll need to:
- Delete the existing Nest Skill from your Alexa account.
- Relink your devices with Alexa by following the instructions provided here.
- Enable the new Google Nest Alexa Skill with this link.
For more information about account migration